Contact Us

All Things CNN is an independent blog that has no affiliation with CNN.

If you wish to contact us with tips, comments or suggestions our email is allthingscnn@gmail.com.

To contact a specific CNN program please check our CNN programs link at the top of this page.


To contact CNN
click here.

Contributors

All Things CNN
is now on Twitter.
twitter / AllThingsCNN

Sunday, July 8, 2007

I Just Saw It On CNN

In today's post:

More on Aaron Brown

I love the fact that Aaron Brown is doing interviews now that his contract with CNN has expired. I watched him on ABC and then on CNN & have felt that his absence from the news media has left a void that has yet to be filled. Here's one more interview, this one on The Huffington Post: Independence Day For Aaron Brown: After Ouster And Quarantine, Former Anchor Is Finally Free Of CNN. Below is an excerpt:

"What do I want to do?" says Brown, laughing. "Damn, that's a good question. They ask me that in my house all the time. " (Brown lives with his wife, Charlotte, a former reporter, his daughter, Gabby, who will be heading off to Emory College in the fall, and a new Golden retriever puppy named Maddie.) Brown says that his agent is encouraging him to talk to literary agents and publishers for a possible book, but "that takes a tremendous amount of discipline. I may have used all the discipline I have."

He's kidding, but not really: "I don't think I want to work 15 hours a day," he says, considering his former workload. "I don't want to be a big public person - I find celebrity terribly overrated for me." He is quick to qualify that, noting that he is still approached by viewers who want to speak to him about 9/11 and his coverage of that awful day. "Some people who watched my work really cared about it," he says. "On the other hand, most people don't watch and don't care and don't care about any of those people including me. And that's okay, too... I always hated news anchors who thought their job was extraordinarily important. It's not, actually — the people who are the subject of the stories are important."



/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/


I Just Saw It On CNN

Have you seen the new commercial and web advertisements that CNN has been running for I just saw it on CNN.com?

CNN has been shifting their focus more and more to their website & the demise of the pay for use subscription for Pipeline content allows more people access to their online video collection.

Well, I'm going to do my part tonight & share one of the first stories that caught my eye on CNN.com's revised website. This report by Alessio Vinci leads me to ask, would you go to prison for a gourmet meal?












Thanks to Quitty for enlightening me on how to embed CNN videos!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/


Mystery Journalist




This week's Mystery Journalist: Drew Griffin

How did you do this week? I'll post another Mystery Journalist clue in Friday's post.







/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/


To wrap things up tonight, a trip down memory lane. I'm going to leave you with a clip from CNN.com. It's the Morning Papers segment from Newnight on June 9, 2005. Enjoy!








4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, seeing the segment from Newsnight makes me long for that show again. Aaron comes off as such a regular guy. His coverage of 9/11 on CNN is really something I'll never forget.

Phebe said...

I miss Aaron Brown! I really hope he comes back to news and soon. I'd even watch Fox if that's where he ended up.
And who knew we had something in common, I'm still afraid of birds thanks to Alfred Hitchcock.

BookAsylum said...

I'm not so sure I'd go as far as watching Fox. I'd actually start watching the evening news again if he went to one of the big three networks.

Sheryn said...

I miss Aaron Brown too. Although, I just don't think I could watch FOX (even for Anderson Cooper!). LOL!

Alessio Vinci was such a wonderful correspondent during the Pope's illness and eventual passing. I really enjoy his reporting.

Thanks for the great post BA!