Contact Us

All Things CNN is an independent blog that has no affiliation with CNN.

If you wish to contact us with tips, comments or suggestions our email is allthingscnn@gmail.com.

To contact a specific CNN program please check our CNN programs link at the top of this page.


To contact CNN
click here.

Contributors

All Things CNN
is now on Twitter.
twitter / AllThingsCNN

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Candy Crowley Talks to NPR's Michel Martin

Prior to her debut as the anchor for State of the Union, Candy Crowley spoke with NPR's Michel Martin.

... MARTIN: So let's get back to you. As we could figure out, you're only the second woman to solo host one of these platform programs. Leslie Stahl with "Face the Nation" I think was the first. So do you think and, of course, there are other women who filled in from time to time or co-hosted. But it's been years since a woman has had that platform to herself. Do you think that you add - being a woman adds a different flavor, if you will?

Ms. CROWLEY: Okay. I think it's sort of at the core of it and that is let's shed light on these things, let's hold public officials accountable for their actions. Let's try to make a little news here, let's push things forward. Let's look in the last week and see what's going on. I think that's a core journalistic value. In that sense, I don't see John King, the previous host, and I disagreeing on what we - what the mission of the show is.

But two people have different styles, different interview styles perhaps. Different ways they want to put things, different guests they want to bring to the floor. I'm particularly sensitive. And I think John used to - so this is not, you know, particularly, this has nothing to do with his show and everything to do with the fact that, yes, I'm different in part of why I'm different than what's been on is my gender. And I hope that in the end, what people judge me for is the journalism and I think that is. But I - you know, you bring something a little different to the table. And I have to say, when I sat down with the president of the network, Jon Klein, he said to me, I don't want you to I don't want Candy Crowley to do "John King Show." I want Candy Crowley to do "Candy Crowley Show."

Listen to the full interview:













Source: CNN's Candy Crowley Extends Mastery Of Political Reporting To Sundays






All content, unless otherwise cited, is © All Things CNN and may not be used without consent of the blog administrator.

No comments: