Contact Us

All Things CNN is an independent blog that has no affiliation with CNN.

If you wish to contact us with tips, comments or suggestions our email is allthingscnn@gmail.com.

To contact a specific CNN program please check our CNN programs link at the top of this page.


To contact CNN
click here.

Contributors

All Things CNN
is now on Twitter.
twitter / AllThingsCNN

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Soledad O'Brien Take Five

The current issue of Jet Magazine has an interview with CNN's Soledad O'Brien:

CNN’s Soledad O’Brien has carved quite a nice niche for herself as the anchor/reporter for the network’s In America documentary series. It started off with 2008’s "Black in America" and since then the unit has produced five more, chronicling the struggles of Blacks, Latinos and gays, as well the Black church and next month's look at life in New Orleans five years after Katrina.

O’Brien spoke with MyJet247.com about that series, how she balances work and family and her proudest moments.

Q/ Did you always know you wanted to be a journalist and tell stories?

A/ I was pre med in college and always thought I was going to go to medical school and not for any real reason I just felt like it was the right thing to do when I was in high school. I was a candy striper and I got my nurse’s aide certification. So, when I decided not to go I was just completely perplexed because I hadn’t thought of another career. I had started working at a TV station, WBZ, in Boston. It was surprising to me how immediately I thought ‘Oh, this is exactly what I want to do!’ And it kind of dawned on me that everything that was happening around me was very exciting and I sort of thought I could be really good at this. I always liked writing and telling stories.

To read the full interview at MyJet247.com: TAKE FIVE: Anchor Soledad O'Brien



All content, unless otherwise cited, is © All Things CNN and may not be used without consent of the blog administrator.

No comments: