Contact Us

All Things CNN is an independent blog that has no affiliation with CNN.

If you wish to contact us with tips, comments or suggestions our email is allthingscnn@gmail.com.

To contact a specific CNN program please check our CNN programs link at the top of this page.


To contact CNN
click here.

Contributors

All Things CNN
is now on Twitter.
twitter / AllThingsCNN

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

CNN.com & Suzanne Malveaux

In today's post:


More CNN.com updates

The roll out of the new and improved CNN.com continues. Over the last two days, CNN.com Live has come online with 4 live streaming channels.

Many of CNN and CNN Headline News Programs have seen website redesigns come online:





/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Suzanne Malveaux

Have you been watching The Situation Room this week? White House correspondent, Suzanne Malveaux, has been filling in for Wolf Blitzer.


I recently came across this article about her on the website FrenchCreoles.com. Below are excerpts from the article:

Being CNN's White House correspondent wasn't sufficiently tiring, so on a Sunday in late October, Suzanne Malveaux went for a little run. Like 26.2 miles, aka the Marine Corps Marathon. "It took me five hours and 36 minutes," says a chagrined Malveaux. "But it was my first marathon, and, hey, I finished."

The road to the White House pressroom also has been an interesting run for Malveaux, local girl made good. Born in Lansing, Mich., she moved here as a child, when her father entered Howard University Medical School (where he is now dean), and attended public schools in suburban Maryland. Her first career goal was to follow in her father's footsteps, specifically "to deliver babies." But halfway through college, she became interested in using her sociology major as an entry to journalism. "I wasn't drawn to the camera," she says. "I was more of a producer type."

One of Malveaux's favorite journalistic experiences is also a personal one. "It was on a long trip with Mrs. Clinton. I'd turned 30 earlier that year, but because I'd been so busy working and traveling, I'd never had a party to celebrate that special birthday—and I'd been lamenting that fact to one of our photographers. As we were getting back to Washington after this really grueling trip, I fell asleep. Just before we landed, I felt somebody tapping me on the shoulder. I woke up, and it was the First Lady with a birthday cake and candles. She said, ‘I hate to think you'd missed your 30th birthday.' And with that, she started to sing Happy Birthday, and everybody joined in. I thought, wow, this is a great birthday after all—and not a bad way to make a living."


/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Independence Day


For those of you in the United States, I hope you that you have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!

6 comments:

Sapphire said...

I love the new pages for the CNN/Headline News shows. Great new photos and layouts. BA thanks for putting them all together so we can look at them all at once and together :)

Suzanne has been doing a great job filling in for Wolf this week!!!!

Unknown said...

That was a great story she told about her 30th birthday!

Happy 4th everyone!

Anonymous said...

I think Suzanne does a really great job both as White House correspondent and as fill in for Wolf. The story about her 30th birthday was really cute, it's another side of Mrs. Clinton that we don't usually hear.

Happy 4th of July to everyone! Have a safe holiday :)

ac said...

Is anyone having trouble with the CNN video section?I have been trying to access AC360 'nth degree'
clips for 2004 and 2005,but nothing plays when I try-it just says 'loading'.I tried some of the newer video clips,however and they worked fine- I was just wondering if anyone experienced this,too.
From a north of the border reader,Happy Fourth of July to you all,have a safe holiday!

BookAsylum said...

@anne carter- yep, some of the clips are sort of hit & miss. I haven't been able to view any of the 2004 vids, but have had much better luck with the ones from 2005. I'd recommend giving a few days- they seem to be working out the bugs on the new site as they go along.

Young Man said...

Suzanne, you and I have a couple of things in common, we both have April 12th birdays and are both Native American, so the next time you cannot celebrate your birthday because of work, remember that I'm celebrating for both of us. :-) What a babe! :-)