Contact Us

All Things CNN is an independent blog that has no affiliation with CNN.

If you wish to contact us with tips, comments or suggestions our email is allthingscnn@gmail.com.

To contact a specific CNN program please check our CNN programs link at the top of this page.


To contact CNN
click here.

Contributors

All Things CNN
is now on Twitter.
twitter / AllThingsCNN

Thursday, August 16, 2007

God's Warriors ~ The Hard Core Promoting Begins

Hey everyone. Tonight I'm going to take Promoting to the "Nth Degree". Fans of CNN have known for the last few months that CNN along with Christiane Amanpour would be embarking on a world wide investigation on world religions in a documentary called God Warriors.


With less then a week until the airing of these three specials, it is time for the hard core promotion to begin, and today did not disappoint. I have to thank Sheryn for sending great things my way to share with you all.



Credit: Brent Stirton/Getty Images for CNN


**TV Guide.com interviewed Christiane. My favourite snippet of the interview


TVGuide.com: Cable news has changed a lot over the last 15 years, but you’re still able to go out and do serious long-form pieces. Who drives that? Do you have to push to get them done? When we think of cable news, we’re not thinking about this kind of material anymore.



Christiane Amanpour: I agree that it has changed an awful lot since Ted Turner created it. I think there is something to be said for CNN that in this completely changed environment we continue to do these kinds of reports. I particularly like doing this, as you can imagine. I’m not the Paris Hilton/Anna Nicole Smith kind of reporter. I really like these meaty issues, because I’m convinced that this is what people want to know about. Everyone who I talk to asks me what I’m working on, and I tell them religion — and they tell me it’s something on their minds right now.


To read the rest of Stephen Battaglio's TV Guide.com interview click here.


**azcentral.com posted an article about God's Warriors. My favourite quote from Christiane;


"To quote someone else, God is on a winning streak,' "


To view Mike Hughes full article click here




Credit: Brent Stirton/Getty Images for CNN


And finally CNN.com is hoping people will send in some questions.

Have you ever wanted to ask CNN chief international correspondent Christiane Amanpour a question? Now is your chance. In an upcoming documentary, "CNN Presents: God's Warriors," Amanpour examines the intersection between religion and politics and the effects of Christianity, Islam and Judaism on politics, culture and public life. What do you want to know? Do the three faiths have more in common than believers realize? What did Amanpour discover on her journey to six countries on four continents? Get the story behind the story. Send in your questions about faith to Amanpour and then come back to CNN.com when "God's Warriors" premieres to see if your question was selected. "God's Warriors" debuts on CNN over three nights – Tuesday, August 21 through Thursday, August 23, at 9 p.m. ET.


To send in a question click here

1 comment:

copperfish said...

Since I saw CA's documentary titled "In the footsteps of Bin Laden", knew that I'd be looking forward to more of her upcoming docus. Her works were really indept of nature, first hand accounts not withstanding the months(or years) in its making.